Monday, March 30, 2009

Wow, Busy week at Pony Boot Camp




Dear Diary: Well it has been a week since I had time to put pen to hoof and tell ya'll what is going on here at Pony Boot Camp. Camp Mother was very busy attending a Ranch Roping clinic with Dave and Gwynn Weaver so I was left to just stand around and soak it all in. Here are pictures of the Por Fin Ranch where the clinic was. What a view!
I was talking with Walley who actually got to participate in the clinic with Camp Mother aboard. He said the ranch owner's horse 'sold out' while heading a cow and ran smack into him,then the saddle slipped and the rider fell of and broke 5 ribs. I got real bord tied to the tree, but think standing around was better then all that action in the arena!! Plus cows are dumb and they smell funny. Camp Mother said she finally perfected her Houlihan what ever that means.

Today I got my first real bath with soap, conditioner, the whole box and dice. I certainly don't remember that being in the brochure! And I am not nearly as impressed with my braided tail as Camp Mother is. Please make her stop...

I am very, very excited to tell you the meals here just got a whole lot better!!! I have another great sponsor. Elk Grove Milling is providing me with Stable Mix Pellets..... Boy are they good!!

If you want a great meal be sure to check out Bar Ale Feeds and Elk Grove Milling Pellets!!! Your horse will thank you!! And I really, really thank them both for graciously sponsoring my meals here at camp!! My condition and coat has already improved. (I hope Walley notices, boy is he a hunk!)
It's lights out time. So Ima Your Horse signing off from sunny but very windy California.

No comments:

Post a Comment