Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My second day at Pony Boot Camp




Ima is settling in very well, she loves Walley (doesn't everybody) so I use him to help me work with her. The second day I could take her halter on and off, pick up her front feet and rub her with a towel. She is fine with objects you carry or hang on the fence but completely looses it with the same object on the ground. I was able to hang a rope off her and even work her with a cinch rope and lead her up. Like most mares her back legs may take a few days to handle comfortably. She is very difficult to change eyes with because of a year of right handed work through the holding pens. It make take weeks to get any kind of balance when changing eyes in front. She is very willing and kind, but she keeps looking for her round trip ticket stub back to the Neveda Mountains hoping this vacation from hell ends soon. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment