Thursday, May 28, 2009






Well today is day 75 here at Pony Boot Camp. Camp mother has been very busy and doesn't let me use the computer very often. So I am sorry that putting hoof to paper has been so sporadic. To catch up on the last few weeks. Here are some more fun shots of me from the Napa Mustang Days Festival. These are of the arena parade showing lots of famous and infamous BLM Mustangs including Janet Titus second place winner from last years Contest. Sue and I want to thank Tim Bertolini for taking these and getting them to me thru Nancy who is not only the event promoter, manager, designer, she is an avid adopter and promoter of BLM mustangs and she is the excellent webmaster of the Kigers de los Californios website.!!!



Camp Mother really enjoyed showing me off to all the visitors at the festival. She thinks showing off my excellent ground manners will help get me a good home. She is so consistent with her timing and release it is easy to know what I did right that is why I am so well adjusted and stand quiet. And I am just a real easy going kinda horse. No wild mustang horror stories on this blog!!

I had my feet trimmed again before the festival, that was my third trimming because my feet were so long to start with. Camp Mother has worked hard to get them shaped up.

Here is a shot of Grant a BLM Litchfield Corrals Wrangler with Sue and I in the Mustang demo at the Napa Mustang Days Festival. Jason and Videll were also there from the BLM, they are very helpful knowledgeable folks that y'all can look up at the Western States Horse Expo BLM booth for more information on how to adopt a cool horse like me!
I have a cool new sponsor Lee's Feed in Placerville was very kind to make my transition from cool Spring to Summer FLY season mush easier with a new fly mask, fly spray, shavings and fly wipe! man does that help me sleep like a foal, especially after a super duper dinner of Elk Grove Milling Stable Mix pellets and Bar Ale Feed, Inc, Distance Plus and 101 feed supplement. I hope you all can take the time to thank these cool folks when shopping at their stores for helping turn me into the very pleasant well rounded horse I have become. Sue could not have done it with out the help of these generous folks and all of her friends, students and faithful supporters.
I have made so many friends while here at Pony Boot Camp and learned so much I can't believe it will all change in 3 weeks. Of course I only said that for the human readers benefit, we horses have no concept of time, so I really don't know how long I have been here or how long 3 weeks away is....... But I do know my life today is good and when I am adopted by my forever home my life will be full.
"It is truly amazing how much horses are willing to give to humans for no other reason but they asked".

No comments:

Post a Comment