Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 62 at Pony Boot Camp.


It has been a relaxing lazy 2 weeks for me here at Camp but it has been hell week for Camp Mother. She sells Lemonade to buy hay for us... Now that is a weird trade! So she is wearing her traveling gypsy hat on the weekends going to county fairs and horse shows selling just possibly the best lemonade in the known universe.
Some of the other campers have been having authority issues and the round pen looks more like an extreme UFC contest. cage fighting has nothing on spoiled, unruly horse training!! Unfortunately Camp Mother is getting 'a little long in the tooth' and can't move like she used to. Unable to 'float like a butterfly' anymore she has a large hemotomia her her leg, a large bump on her head, whiplash and a hyper extended shoulder. All from different horses, different wrecks!! Add to this numerous biopsies and other medical procedures..... needless to say my training has been on ice (along with half her body) for a few weeks. What I know now is just about all I will get to learn by show time. As Sue's ability to ride will be reserved for the outside horses in training. Hoping she holds together to make it to the finals. I did learn to carry the American Flag last week which I am very proud to do!!!
This Friday Camp Mother, Walley and I will be traveling to Napa for the Napa Mustangs Days celebration where Sue is a guest clinician . WOW just me and Walley alone...., the hunk,... camping...., together, ........ a dream come true....... **POP** Oh yea and Camp Mother...... Dream just changed to a nightmare..... Well it is going to be great fun and very educational, anyway. Ya'll come ya hear!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know all about those bumps and bruises. Take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear ima--what a good little blogger you are! I hope you are paying attention in class so that you can have fun at the napa and tell that camp mom to check in with her camp sister some time!

    ReplyDelete