Sunday, May 17, 2009

Napa Mustang Days




Well we had a blast at the Napa Mustang Days..... It was over 100 degrees so everything moved a little slow, but spirits were high, the horses wonderful and a good time was had by all. Here is a picture of Camp Mother and I with one of her good friends Natalie from Petaluma. Sue and Natalie met at a Richard Winters Clinic a few years ago and became fast friends...... and not just because Natalie owns a 1/2 Kiger named Wylie or because she baked Camp Mother a batch of cookies!!! She is just a really super person. But yum, yum thanks a million!!!!

Sue was still not supposed to be riding due to her previous injuries, so she and I just did a simple demo of what I know how to do so far, walk trot, canter, halt, back and a few tricks. I never once got stage fright from the announcer stand or audience under all the easy up tents for shade, not even when they all applauded loudly!! I am so awesome!! And I even did a perfect job carrying a flag with 3 other riders also with flags! Our rehearsal was flawless. One of the other riders was Janet Titus the 2nd place winner from last years Western States Mustang Makeover with her MMO horse. She is way cool and a good rider. Unfortunately the presentation got out of order and the flag routine was scratched from the performance. So I didn't get to do it in front of the audience, but I still did an awesome job..... even Walley said so... I wonder if that was just a come on?????

I even stood motionless for almost an hour while Sue used me as her "Vanna" to give a talk on tack fit and safety. Luck for me she parked Walley right next to me so I was able to just practice my dreamy eye at him. He gets embarrassed easily and even thought he is always hobbled he tries to slip away. Lots more to tell ya all about soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment