Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Murphy's first day










Murphy walked out of the trailer like he had done it all his life. We got stuck in the Hwy 80 night repairs road closure so had to sleep in Boomtown which was completely full because of Hot August Nights. Murphy's Law! So we spent 24 hours in the trailer. I was so impressed he had no problem drinking out of a bucket.... I have had mustangs take a week just to walk by a bucket. And never shied at the semi's driving by with in 2 ft.
He is awesome. What a great looking horse! This is truly going to be a buckaroo's horse. He neck is a little thick but so is the rest of him. And he is going to be a mover..... As the old cowboy said to me "There ain't enough land or cattle around here to get that horse tired". Boy that is a fact. I wondered how he could get so muscled up in the BLM corrals... now I see He NEVER stops moving. Always walking and looking, very busy.... going to be hard to keep his attention!
I was hoping to break Ima's record of being pet 20 minutes out of the trailer. That didn't happen in fact after 45 minutes I was getting worried about the trainablilty of this horse. I changed my tactics and once I finally got my hands on him things started moving quickly. :) Within an hour we were taking pictures of our selves. Sorry my arms aren't longer.
The end of a very eventful and expensive trip (Did I mention I had to buy 3 more tires?)
and the first chapter in Murphy's big adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment